- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
lake forest college’s academic internship program (for-credit) is at the heart of our four-year career preparation plan for students.
- Close proximity to Chicago and a strong network of alumni and friends give students access to a range of internships few other colleges can offer
- Students can pursue up to three internships for credit
- Rising juniors and seniors with interests in all areas of study can take one or more internships and still graduate on time
Forester Fundamental Curriculum (FFC).
- All students are required to complete an experiential learning opportunity as part of the Forester Fundamental Curriculum (FFC). The FFC ensures that students integrate their traditional classroom learning with experiential-based work. This might include an internship, summer fellowship, or senior thesis. By connecting theory and practice, students develop new skills and extend their knowledge and training to unfamiliar tasks and situations beyond the classroom environment.
Opportunities in Chicago and Beyond
Few other colleges can provide students with access to Chicago’s range of internship options during the academic year and summer. Students can live and work in downtown Chicago through the Lake Forest College In The Loop program. Beyond Chicago, students have access to 200+ off-campus study programs - many of which involve internship or research experiences.
Earn college credit
Over half of students earn credit for internships before graduation.
Rising juniors and seniors can earn academic credit through their participation in our Academic Internship Course (for-credit) in place of a traditional class. Students can complete multiple for-credit internships while still graduating on time.
Start the process early!
Some employers start recruiting for student interns several months in advance! Therefore, we recommend that you meet with your CAC Internship Specialist to discuss the Academic Internship search and application process within the first two weeks of the semester prior to your planned internship, but no later than 3 weeks before the add/drop date体育在线投注开户 for classes in the semester you plan to intern.
The Career Advancement Center staff has transitioned close to 100 academic onsite internships this semester to remote experiences, allowing students to continue their valuable experiential learning despite shelter-in-place orders.
体育在线投注开户 internships play a major role in the learning experience at lake forest college. sometimes that role can be pivotal in helping a student decide their career path long before graduation.